Creative digital communications professional, writer and designer experienced in developing marketing, fundraising and advocacy campaigns for nonprofits. Passionate about digital storytelling that informs, inspires, and motivates people to take action.
2008 – 2012
Emerson College | Boston, MA
Writing, Literature and Publishing
Graduated magna cum laude
J-PAL, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA
Senior Digital Communications Associate | August 2018 – Present
- Develop and execute web strategy for a premier research center in the social sciences.
- Lead content management and ensure web editors adhere to best practices for usability, accessibility, and SEO.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes for new website page and features.
- Oversee relationship with external web developer to maintain and iteratively improve the website.
Oxfam America, Boston, MA
Digital Campaigns Specialist | September 2017 – August 2018
- Develop online advocacy strategies to mobilize supporters to fight injustice and end poverty.
- Send engagement and advocacy emails, including strategizing touchpoints for supporters, drafting copy, QA, and reporting back on successes to relevant teams.
- Manage organic social media across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, including daily posts and long-term strategy.
- Creatively implement e-actions using tools like Blue State Digital and Mobile Commons.
ANERA (American Near East Refugee Aid), Washington, DC
Senior Communications Officer | April 2016 – September 2017
Communications Assistant | January 2015 – March 2016
- Developed and implemented editorial calendar for digital channels – including website, online fundraising platforms, email communications and all social media outlets.
- Used targeted Facebook advertising to increase key audiences by 100% in six months without increasing budget.
- Produced marketing collateral for regional events – including flyers, postcards, programs, brochures and graphics.
- Published stories and created landing pages on anera.org using HTML/CSS and WordPress CMS.
Copywriter & SEO Consultant
Freelance | 2012 – 2017
- Wrote search engine optimized content for clients like Smart Destinations, Inc. and Data Point Partners.
- Helped Smart Destinations achieve direct online revenue of $30,000 and an additional $100,000 in assisted revenue via blog.
- Strategized content needs for new and evolving client websites.
Web: Advanced HTML and basic CSS; Drupal 7 & 8, WordPress
Databases: SalesForce CRM, Convio/Luminate Online, Blue State Digital
Design: Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
Analytics & Marketing: SEO, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Google AdWords