2020 – 2022 (expected)
University of Michigan | Ann Arbor, MI
Focus: User experience research and design, information architecture, information analysis, web development
4.00/4.00 cumulative GPA
2008 – 2012
Emerson College | Boston, MA
Writing, Literature and Publishing, B.F.A
Graduated magna cum laude
J-PAL, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA
Senior Digital Communications Associate | August 2018 – December 2020
- Developed and execute web strategy for a premier research center in the social sciences.
- Lead content management and ensure web editors adhere to best practices for usability, accessibility, and SEO.
- Developed wireframes and prototypes for new website page and features.
- Oversaw relationship with external web developer to maintain and iteratively improve the website.
Oxfam America, Boston, MA
Digital Campaigns Specialist | September 2017 – August 2018
- Develop online advocacy strategies to mobilize supporters to fight injustice and end poverty.
- Send engagement and advocacy emails, including strategizing touchpoints for supporters, drafting copy, QA, and reporting back on successes to relevant teams.
- Manage organic social media across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, including daily posts and long-term strategy.
- Creatively implement e-actions using tools like Blue State Digital and Mobile Commons.
ANERA (American Near East Refugee Aid), Washington, DC
Senior Communications Officer | April 2016 – September 2017
Communications Assistant | January 2015 – March 2016
- Developed and implemented editorial calendar for digital channels – including website, online fundraising platforms, email communications and all social media outlets.
- Used targeted Facebook advertising to increase key audiences by 100% in six months without increasing budget.
- Produced marketing collateral for regional events – including flyers, postcards, programs, brochures and graphics.
- Published stories and created landing pages on anera.org using HTML/CSS and WordPress CMS.
Copywriter & SEO Consultant
Freelance | 2012 – 2017
- Wrote search engine optimized content for clients like Smart Destinations, Inc. and Data Point Partners.
- Helped Smart Destinations achieve direct online revenue of $30,000 and an additional $100,000 in assisted revenue via blog.
- Strategized content needs for new and evolving client websites.
Web: HTML and CSS (intermediate); Drupal 7 & 8, WordPress
Programming: Python (beginner)
Databases: SalesForce CRM, Convio/Luminate Online, Blue State Digital
Design: Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
Analytics & Marketing: SEO, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Google AdWords
Certifications & Professional Courses
Designlab, User Experience Research & Strategy (4-week course) / February–March 2019
General Assembly, User Experience Design Bootcamp / December 2018
General Assembly, Introduction to Sketch App / October 2017
HubSpot, Inbound Marketing certificate / 2017 LunaMetrics
Google Analytics 201 certificate / 2016